Pastoral Care is partnering with the Holy Spirit’s work in our church to offer support and referral through welcoming, listening, comforting, affirming and praying. Our ministry of pastoral care depends upon the level of trust care-receivers have with care-givers. We understand trust hinges on confidentiality and are therefore committed to the safekeeping of their needs and concerns in absolute confidentiality.
We provide three-pronged approach.
1. Prayer Ministry
For concerns to be placed on the Elder Prayer Chain or included in congregational prayers for others or given to Prayer Warriors to be prayed over.
2. Card Ministry
To generate, fill out and send cards to people with concerns, celebrations, bereavements, illness, anniversaries..etc.
3. Special Worship Services
For small services for shut-ins or intimate services at church.
4. The Prayer Shawl Ministry: Shawls are either knit or crocheted by volunteers from the congregation and are given to those who are either in need of support due to a hardship, or to celebrate an event in their life.
1. Welcoming New People:To greet, support and help form connections with others.
2. Keeping in TouchThrough phone calls, emails, support and visits to individuals at home and in nursing homes.
3. Transportation: Providing rides to church, medical app, grocery/ prescription pick-up.
4. Love on a Plate: Cooking and delivering meals to shut-ins and their families.
5. Care for Care-givers: Providing relief, support and companionship to those caring for others.
1. Hospital Visits
People in crisis
Short Term and Bereavement
Visited by Rev. Jin Woo Kim
Long Term Care
Visited by Rev. Jin Woo Kim and other care-givers
3. Congregational Visits
By request asking Rev. Jin Woo Kim or other care-givers to visit